Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thing #13: Online Image Generators


I was so happy when I was able to put something on my blog from the Happy Face Generator. I found Thing #9 very challenging. In fact, I had to skip Thing #9 and go ahead and work on Thing #10 and Thing # 11. This class has been fun, but at times I really don't understand what I am supposed to be doing and feel very lost. I really liked the ability where I could choose which happy face I wanted to use and also supply the caption for the sign. I could use this link to add some things to writing assignments for my students or to use for directions on a teacher created worksheet or test. This could add a little "fun" to a wikki, blog, and possibly slide show. It allows the creator to show their personality.













Using the program Image Chef I was able to creat some pictures that would show how others about my trip to San Francisco that I took over Labor Day Weekend. The three pictures also went along with the title for my blog. I have traveled twice to San Francisco in the past six months. It is one of my favorite cities and also known as the "Gateway to the Pacific." I first went to San Francisco when we were moving from Texas to the Philippines when I was nine years old. I have left out of San Francisco other times when we moved to Thailand and Okinawa during my teenage years. These places were able to provide me with experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.

Image Chef is a site where students can be creative when telling a story. You could also use this site in order to illustrate a journal prompt, create a travel brochure and many other things. Students could really show their personality in the projects that they create. Students could also use this site when illustrating SAT vocabulary words. Students can also create their own newspaper headlines which will provide students with possible discussion topics, and etc. I feel that using any of the generators will provide endless opportunities for students to show their creative sides, show their personalities and interests.






1 comment:

  1. I think you're being much too hard on yourself. Your blog posts are great! I can tell that you are really taking the time to explore and learn each Thing. You also have fantastic ideas for using the THings with students. You're doing a GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete