Monday, November 2, 2009

Thing #9: Play in the Wiki Sandbox

Somehow playing in the sandbox this time was not as carefree as it was when I was a kid. In fact, I had to go ahead and start on another assignment while I waited until the next day to print out the cheat sheet and instructions since I don't have a printer at home. Did I mention the fact that I am an all three modaility learner? I even think that I used my "wiki page guardian angel" to the max and that I can't ask her/him for anything until I start Thing #10. Ok, maybe I am stretching the truth a little on this one, but I did have to use some major "life lines" in order to complete this assignment.

After leaving this assignment alone for a few days, I sucked it up and started working on the assignment with the help of one of my "life lines." We worked on the assignment step by step with a few difficulties. At one point we got down to the fourth heading and somehow everything on the wiki was gone and we had to start over. That was highly annoying, but since I had my "life line" working with me, we were able to laugh about it.

Here is the link to my blog: Another Leg in the Journey which is finally finished. I am not sure if I will ever want to play in this sandbox again or create another wiki. I was really glad to get this Thing completed and overwith. Somehow playing in the sand this time is not as fun as playing in the sand when I was a child.

1 comment:

  1. Your wiki page looks great! I noticed that the table of contents wasn't working, so I fixed it for you. It's kind of tricky, you have to have double brackets around the "toc", like this: [[toc]]. We can't show you in the instructions because when we type in the double brackets, it makes a table of contents!

    ReplyDelete