Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turning to a New Chapter in the Journey


Going to Hawaii for Thanksgiving '09


Going to Hawaii by myself was not the best decision that I have made. What seemed like a great idea in April when I booked my trip, didn't seem like a great idea when it got closer to the date that I was suppose to leave. I can spend hours upon hours at the beach by myself with no problem. The hard part comes when your seeing beautiful things and you don't have someone special to share it with. Have you ever gone to a Luau by yourself? Trust me, it is not all that fun. All the married women and single women with boyfriends or significant others hold on tighter to their man especially when they find out there is a single woman in the bunch. I would probably end up being asked if I wanted to go a specific hospital if I started talking to myself about everything that I was seeing. Top it off, I think that I was bit by a spider on my stomach because I have this huge red knot that keeps getting bigger. I don't think that the spider bite was part of the travel package that I had booked.

The hotel as you might have guessed pictured to the right was beautiful and you really didn't even have to leave the hotel to find things to do. I would recommend staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village to anyone. This picture does not do it justice in anyway. The beach is awesome! That happened to be my favorite part of the trip except for the spider bite.

So, I am not sure what is in store for me right now. I have spent so many years taking care of other people and other things that I forgot abot myself along the way. I think that I was just kidding myself about saying it was ok to be single when it wasn't. So, as I follow the brick road in order to continue the "journey", I am not sure of where I am supposed to go. I just know that I have to be open to new possibilities and take risks.




















No comments:

Post a Comment